MD Anderson Cancer Center Madrid Foundation is offering a Postdoctoral Research position to a well-qualified, highly motivated, and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a Patient Centered Research environment.
The position is granted for the Breast and gynecological molecular and translational cancer research, led by Dr. Gema Moreno Bueno. Our main research lines are based on:
- Identification of molecular mechanisms underlying therapeutic resistance: characterization of novel treatment approaches.
- Characterization of novel predictive and prognostic biomarkers in breast and gynecological tumors.
- Contribution of the Tumor Microenvironment and Immune System in breast and gynecological tumors.
- Deciphering the role of pyroptosis as a novel therapeutic approach for cancer treatment.
Candidates must have a recent PhD related to Life Sciences fields (Molecular Biology, Biomedicine, Immunology…) and experience with research projects related to Translational Cancer Research.
Required skills and expertise in cancer translational research:
- Basic immune and molecular techniques (PCR, Q-PCR, ELISA, WB, …).
- Cellular and Molecular Biology, functional models with human cell cultures (normal
- patient-derived cells and established cancer cell lines), 3D-cultures and optimization of
- patient-derived organoids.
- Experience in tumor microenvironment and immunology in cancer.
- Intelligence and autonomy for innovative research designs development.
Terms of employment
- The position is granted by the Fundación MD Anderson Cancer Center Madrid.
- The contract offered is for two years.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation
Candidates will be evaluated by the Scientific Board, considering research experience in the field, skills in cellular and molecular biology techniques, and motivation/interest. At least the best 3 candidates with the highest score will be interviewed.
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: 2022 POSTDOCTORAL CANDIDATE) and include the following items:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (4 pages)
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Open call: November 1st 2022
Deadline: November 20th 2022